Monday, January 21, 2013

Olive Oil and Sea Salt Whole Wheat Flat Bread Making




Contributor | JEFF


Lately I have been on this bread making kick and the results have been very tasty! I had it in my head that you had to be a professional baker to make good homemade breads....but boy was I wrong.
Here is one of the amazingly easy recipes I would like to share with you I found here. Lets face it, it's the new year and everyone is trying to cut down on the calories and carbs they are taking in. I think substituting whole wheat flat bread for white bread is a great start! This bread has a perfect crispy and flaky texture to it. It would be great for dips or simply topping with kale salad which is what I did. The possibilities are endless. The recipe is simple a child could make this.My favorite part is adding the different spices and herbs to put your own twist on things.

Recipe 

-2 cups of whole wheat flour ( the original recipe called for white flour)
-1/2 tsp salt 
-1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
-1/2 cup of water 
- Sea salt and your favorite herbs to taste. 
Go here for method



 
Pin It
In case you're wondering what my kale salad consists of, I will be posting that one next on the blog. 














No comments: